By John M. Wargo
Covers PhoneGap 3.X
Written for skilled cellular builders, Apache Cordova three Programming is a whole advent to Apache Cordova three and Adobe PhoneGap three. It describes what makes Cordova vital and exhibits tips to set up and use the instruments, the hot Cordova CLI, the local SDKs, and extra. If you’re fresh to Cordova, this e-book might be simply what you must start. If you’re conversant in an older model of Cordova, this booklet will convey you intimately easy methods to use all the new stuff that’s in Cordova three plus stuff that has been round for your time (like the Cordova center APIs).
After jogging you thru the method of downloading and constructing the framework, cellular professional John M. Wargo exhibits you the way to put in and use the command line instruments to regulate the Cordova program lifecycle and the way to establish and use improvement environments for numerous of the extra renowned Cordova supported cellular equipment structures. Of unique curiosity to new builders are the chapters at the anatomy of a Cordova software, in addition to the mechanics of Cordova improvement. Wargo additionally covers the improvement procedure and the instruments you should use to check and debug your Cordova functions, and offers an entire bankruptcy that introduces the Cordova APIs, as well as a bankruptcy that exhibits you ways to create your personal plugins.
Filled with plenty of examples and code, the publication comprises contains entire insurance of Android, iOS, BlackBerry 1,0 and home windows mobile improvement for Cordova.
Topics lined include
- How to put in and use the Cordova CLI and linked tools
- How to configure the Android developer instruments (ADT) to run, try out, and debug your Cordova functions for Android
- How to exploit Xcode—Apple’s improvement instrument for iOS development—to run, try, and debug Cordova purposes for iOS devices
- How to exploit the Safari browser to debug Cordova purposes on iOS devices
- How to exploit the Microsoft improvement instruments to run, attempt, and debug Cordova purposes for home windows cell 8
- How to establish and use the PhoneGap construct provider to package deal Cordova purposes and proportion these functions with others
- How to create Cordova plugins for either Android and iOS
The writer keeps an internet site for the booklet at cordovaprogramming.com the place updates, errata, and the resource code for the ebook can be found.
If you need to accelerate the advance of your .NET functions, you are ready for C# layout styles -- dependent, accredited and confirmed how you can take on universal programming difficulties. This useful consultant will give you a transparent creation to the vintage object-oriented layout styles, and explains easy methods to use the most recent gains of C# 3.0 to code them.
C# layout Patterns attracts on new C# 3.0 language and .NET 3.5 framework positive factors to enforce the 23 foundational styles identified to operating builders. You get lots of case experiences that demonstrate how each one development is utilized in perform, and an insightful comparability of styles and the place they'd be most sensible used or mixed. This well-organized and illustrated ebook includes:
- An rationalization of layout styles and why they are used, with tables and instructions that will help you pick out one development over another
- Illustrated assurance of every vintage Creational, Structural, and Behavioral layout development, together with its illustration in UML and the jobs of its quite a few players
- C# 3.0 gains brought through instance and summarized in sidebars for simple reference
- Examples of every trend at paintings in a true .NET 3.5 application on hand for obtain from O'Reilly and the author's spouse internet site
- Quizzes and routines to check your figuring out of the material.
With C# 3.0 layout Patterns, you learn how to make code right, extensible and effective to avoid wasting time up entrance and cast off difficulties later. in the event that your enterprise depends on effective software improvement and caliber code, you wish C# layout Patterns.
By Shelley Powers, Simon Cozens, Peter Wainwright, Aldo Calpini, Arthur Corliss, Juan Julian Merelo Guervos, Chris Nandor, Aalhad S
Perl is without doubt one of the most vital scripting languages in use this day. Open resource, freely on hand, moveable, flexible, and powerful, robust and simple to exploit, Perl is the 1st selection for millions internet builders. yet Perl is way greater than a scripting language for the net. Supported through a complete normal library and countless numbers of third-party libraries, Perl is an more and more well known selection for software programming.
This booklet offers entire assurance of the Perl language. It covers the basics of knowledge forms and dossier dealing with via complicated beneficial properties like ordinary expressions, object-oriented programming, threads, internationalization, and integrating Perl with the c language. the most recent model of the language, Perl 5.6, is used all through, with remark for people with prior types.
By Allen G. Taylor
The soup-to-nuts consultant on all issues SQL!
SQL, or structured question language, is the overseas general language for growing and keeping relational databases. it's the foundation of all significant databases in use this day and is key for the garage and retrieval of database details. This enjoyable and pleasant advisor takes SQL and all its similar issues and breaks it down into simply digestible items so that you can comprehend. You’ll get the products on relational database layout, improvement, and upkeep, allowing you to begin operating with SQL correct away!
- Provides an outline of the SQL language and examines the way it is quintessential for the garage and retrieval of database information
- Includes updates to SQL criteria in addition to any new features
- Explores SQL recommendations, relational database improvement, SQL queries, information defense, database tuning, and more
- Addresses the connection among SQL and programming in addition to SQL and XML
If you’re searching for an up to date sequel to the bestelling first variation of SQL All-in-One For Dummies, then this can be the booklet for you!
By Jeff Cohen, Brian Eng
Learning a brand new language and a brand new framework should be daunting. What you would like is a consultant to assist leverage your latest wisdom and abilities, and convey you simply what you must be aware of to wake up and working with a brand new procedure quickly.
You're already a .NET developer; we will assist you wake up and operating as a Ruby on Rails developer on any working method: home windows, Mac, or Linux. we begin with a steady advent to the object-oriented Ruby language with examples and direct comparisons to C#, so you are going to fast suppose at domestic writing Ruby code for the 1st time.
We then get to the guts of Rails improvement by way of displaying find out how to take on daily projects in Rails in comparison with general ASP.NET implementations, with an educational concentration. you will construct a pattern airline reservation approach utilizing Rails, studying crucial thoughts alongside the way in which. you are going to come to benefit the enjoyment and tool inherent within the "convention over configuration" philosophy, the usual splendor of the MVC structure, and the essence of REST-based layout as you improve functions that accommodate net browsers, hand held units, or even XML internet carrier consumers with unheard of ease.
Along the way in which, you will see reliable agile improvement practices, discover test-driven improvement with Rails. you can be ready for real-world software deployment, and we are going to offer you a style of the way Ruby and Rails are reshaping the Microsoft program panorama, together with a glance at IronRuby.
By Mark Michaelis
Essential C# 5.0 is a well-organized, no-fluff consultant to the newest models of C# for programmers in any respect degrees of C# adventure. totally up to date to mirror new beneficial properties and programming styles brought with C# 5.0 and .NET 4.5, this consultant exhibits you the way to jot down C# code that's basic, strong, strong, safe, and maintainable. Microsoft MVP Mark Michaelis and C# significant developer Eric Lippert supply complete insurance of the full language, providing an entire origin for powerful software program improvement.
The authors illustrate key constructs with succinct, downloadable code examples. Graphical brain maps before everything of every bankruptcy define the cloth that's coated and the way person subject matters interrelate. This version additionally contains C# Coding instructions that decision cognizance to today’s top practices for writing C# code. Separate indexes of C# types 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 make it effortless to discover solutions particular to no matter what model of C# you're using.
Throughout, subject matters meant for novices and complex readers are basically marked. If you’re new to C#, this consultant can help you begin writing major code speedy. If you’re an skilled C# developer, you’ll achieve perception into today’s most complicated programming demanding situations and methods as you grasp key C# 5.0 options resembling async/await trend. regardless of how complex your abilities develop into, you’ll come to depend on this essential reference.
- Mastering C# facts varieties, operators, keep an eye on move, equipment, and parameters
- Making the main of C# object-oriented constructs, together with sessions, inheritance, interfaces, and more
- Building trustworthy, potent exception dealing with into your code
- Using generics, delegates, Lambda expressions, and occasions to lessen code complexity
- Learning dynamic programming with mirrored image and attributes
- Querying almost any kind of info utilizing LINQ with question Expressions
- Creating customized collections that function opposed to enterprise objects
- Understanding the typical Language Infrastructure and C# within the context of the .NET 4.5 improvement platform
- Taking benefit of declarative programming, embedded metadata, mirrored image, and attributes
- Thoroughly learning multithreading and synchronization, together with the hot async/await paradigm
- Discussion of WinRT and programming in C# for home windows 8
- Using P/Invoke, tips, and direct reminiscence manipulation to interoperate with code in different languages
- Understanding how C# courses relate to the underlying runtime
By Andrea Ahlemeyer-Stubbe, Shirley Coleman
Data mining is definitely on its method to changing into a well-known self-discipline within the overlapping components of IT, data, desktop studying, and AI. Practical information Mining for Business provides a uncomplicated method of information mining equipment, overlaying the common makes use of to which it really is utilized. The technique is complemented via case stories to create a flexible reference e-book, permitting readers to appear for particular equipment in addition to for particular purposes. The booklet is formatted to permit statisticians, machine scientists, and economists to cross-reference from a selected program or solution to sectors of interest.
By Ivor Horton
Proudly offering the most recent variation of 1 of the all time bestselling books at the C++ language, winning writer Ivor Horton repeats the formulation that has made each one past version so well known via instructing you either the normal C++ language and C++/CLI in addition to visible C++ 2008. completely up-to-date for the 2008 unencumber, this publication exhibits you ways to construct real-world purposes utilizing visible C++ and courses you thru the bits and bobs of C++ improvement. With this ebook by way of your aspect, you're good in your method to turning into a winning C++ programmer.
By Byron Ellis
Construct a strong end-to-end resolution for reading and visualizing streaming data
Real-time analytics is the most well liked subject in information analytics this present day. In Real-Time Analytics: thoughts to investigate and Visualize Streaming Data, specialist Byron Ellis teaches facts analysts applied sciences to construct an efficient real-time analytics platform. This platform can then be used to make experience of the continuously altering facts that's starting to outpace conventional batch-based research platforms.
The writer is between a really few prime specialists within the box. He has a prestigious historical past in study, improvement, analytics, real-time visualization, and large facts streaming and is uniquely certified that will help you discover this progressive box. relocating from an outline of the general analytic structure of real-time analytics to utilizing particular instruments to acquire unique effects, Real-Time Analytics leverages open resource and sleek advertisement instruments to build powerful, effective platforms that could offer real-time research in a cheap demeanour. The ebook includes:
- A deep dialogue of streaming info platforms and architectures
- Instructions for examining, storing, and providing streaming data
- Tips on aggregating info and dealing with sets
- Information on information warehousing thoughts and techniques
Real-Time Analytics contains in-depth case stories for site analytics, enormous facts, visualizing streaming and cellular facts, and mining and visualizing operational facts flows. The book's "recipe" structure we could readers speedy research and enforce varied strategies. all the code examples offered within the publication, besides their similar info units, can be found at the better half website.
By Carl Albing
The key to studying any Unix procedure, specifically Linux and Mac OS X, is an intensive wisdom of shell scripting. Scripting is how to harness and customise the facility of any Unix procedure, and it really is an important ability for any Unix clients, together with method directors OS X builders. yet underneath this easy promise lies a treacherous ocean of adaptations in Unix instructions and standards.
bash Cookbook teaches shell scripting the best way Unix masters perform the craft. It offers numerous recipes and methods for all degrees of shell programmers in order that someone can develop into a trained person of the commonest Unix shell -- the bash shell -- and cygwin or different renowned Unix emulation applications. Packed filled with worthwhile scripts, besides examples that designate the right way to create higher scripts, this new cookbook offers pros and gear clients every thing they should automate regimen initiatives and let them to really deal with their platforms -- instead of have their structures deal with them.